What we do?
At noon, we aspire to be the most customer-centric and relevant digital company in the region. To reach this goal, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people who love the hustle. If you'd like to help us build the place where everyone can find and buy anything online in the region, this is your chance to make history. As an IT Support Engineer you will be responsible for your site and will be responsible for working closely with the business and fellow engineers to implement and maintain critical infrastructure elements as well as day to day support to meet our operations present and future business needs. Besides your day-to-day activities, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to get involved in projects and innovate. You will be a key part of a multinational team and thrive in delivering high-quality results and always be on the lookout for improvements.
- You will provide a support service that ensures all IT equipment and infrastructure is running to its optimum performance and that all departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met on your site.
- You will also be running projects across the site, working closely with the business and fellow engineers, to implement changes and/or additions to the site’s technology infrastructure to support changing business and IT requirements.
- The supervision and day-to-day management of a team of IT technicians, including managing workloads of the team and reporting back to the IT manager and regional IT management
- The review, revision and execution of change management requests as required.
- Manage the availability of all IT equipment and infrastructure through continuous improvement and continuously look to improve equipment efficiencies and cost reductions accordingly.
- Perform random site audits on technical infrastructure to ensure adherence to latest company IT and Health & Safety guidelines.
- Act as a point of contact for contractors or external suppliers and clearly communicate technical issues and company standards.
- Undertake project management
- Act as a single point of contact for projects.
- To provide technical support/input to site and team projects and initiatives.
- To keep key stakeholders informed of progress of projects and maintain project documentation.
- To provide sanity check and technical execution of projects.
- Carry out ad-Hoc requests as and when required, supporting a wide customer base.
- Linux/Unix System Support experience.
- MS Windows System Support experience.
- A background in Networking – LAN / WAN and Wireless.
- Holds a detailed understanding of core internet technologies – Routing and Switching, DNS, DHCP, mail transport, OSI Model.
- Telecom knowledge including VOIP / SIP and mobile technologies advantageous.
- Experience working in a customer-facing technical role which requires solid technical aptitude, excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels and in different situations.
- Experience supervising a team, or leading a group of peers
- Project management abilities and technical task execution experience.
- Strong analytical skills with proven problem solving ability.
- Proven ability to operate autonomously in high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
- Ability to develop clear and concise documentation. · Demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Vendor certification of the following would be beneficial: Linux/Unix System Support, MS Windows System Support, Cisco knowledge – LAN / WAN and Wireless.
- Telecom knowledge including VOIP / SIP and mobile technologies.
- IT / ICT further education qualification.
- Previous experience in a dynamic environment with a high degree of customer service focus.
- Help Desk / Technical support management experience.
- Ability to develop the skills needed to support specific Fulfillment Centre Automated Systems.
- Ability to coordinate with corporate-based support groups to implement IT changes.
- Proven ability to learn and apply new technology.
Who will excel?
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high energy environment. They will be a creative and analytical problem solver with a passion for delivering results.
At noon we have courage to pursue what seems impossible, we work hard to get things done, we go great lengths to ensure that the experience of everyone from our customers, to our sellers or noon bandidos is stellar but above all we are grateful for the opportunities we have.
If you feel the above values resonate with you – you will enjoy this incredible journey with us!