noon is a fast-growing e-commerce venture in the Middle East with committed capital of $1 billion. Our aim is to develop a world-class ecosystem in the Middle East. To achieve this goal, noon has built end-to-end in-house capabilities across all verticals. After launching in 2017, we are now looking for aggressive scaling strategies to maximize our customer reach and product offerings.
As part of this strategy, we have acquired a fashion vertical called SIVVI, which will be a key revenue and profitability driver for the business. We will build SIVVI into a trendy premium branded fashion destination for the GCC region. We have also set up a dedicated team to manage our fashion assortment across SIVVI & Noon. As Head of Buying for our areas, the candidate will be responsible for handling the buying strategy, overall performance & commerciality of our fashion retail business across all Categories. As we are very much still a startup at the core, we are looking for somebody deeply passionate and committed to making an impactful contribution to the region.
- Managing and preparing the overall buying strategy across all areas in line with overall group strategy
- Able to break down complex and ambiguous problems into simple and actionable work streams
- Ensuring all financial KPI’s are being met or exceeded
- Makes recommendations and negotiates on costs with suppliers to achieve the best price for the agreed quality.
- Managing product life cycles and ensuring appropriate ranging decisions are made
- Influence, manage and develop the assortment strategy alongside their buyers
- Ensure the assortment and ranging policies are aligned to the wider business strategy
- Ensure we always have the relevant brand partners online within our assortment offer
- Drive establishment of relationships with key stakeholders
- Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes to their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
- Monitor the buying critical path to ensure timely decision making
- Liaises with logistics and operations as appropriate in order to ensure timeline delivery
- Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values of the organization to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
- Leading, developing and motivating direct reports
- Bachelor degree in Business, Fashion or comparable field experience
- 10+ years of Consulting or Buying experience in the fashion e-commerce space
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing large teams, with a successful track record
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills
- Excellent financial and analytical skills
- Superior team leadership experience
- General retail skills and business acumen
- Strong interpersonal and partnering skills
- Solid experience in online fashion retail environments
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- A high level of proficiency with developing presentations, analyses and documentation using Microsoft Office, G Suite and proficiency to learn.
Who will excel?
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high energy environment. They will be creative and analytical problem solver with a passion for delivering results.
At noon we have the courage to pursue what seems impossible, we work hard to get things done, we go to great lengths to ensure that the experience of everyone from our customers to our sellers or noon Bandidos is stellar but above all, we are grateful for the opportunities we have.
If you feel the above values resonate with you – you will enjoy this incredible journey with us!