What is the role?
At noon, we aspire to be the most customer-centric and relevant digital company in the region. To reach this goal, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people who love the hustle.
If you'd like to help us build the place where everyone can find and buy anything online in the region, this is your chance to make history.
Noon has recently launched a new Supply Chain division, developing a series of systems, services and apps that provide the infrastructure needed to manage operations required to run all Noon marketplaces and platforms. Noon Supply Chain services and systems handle all Warehousing, Fulfillment and Logistics needs for Noon marketplaces and platforms.
As part of Noon’s Supply Chain team, the candidate will help in building products to take it to the next level. As we are very much still a startup at the core, we are looking for somebody deeply passionate and committed in making contributions to build something impactful for the region.
- Implementing high-quality web and mobile solutions within a timely manner. Designed and built to last and to scale.
- Contributing in the design of backend APIs, and giving feedback on the structure for optimized implementation of apps.
- Ensuring web design implementation is optimized for smartphones.
- Mastering libraries, patterns and platforms required to implement web and mobile apps in a clean, structured and scalable manner.
- Identifying and recommending new libraries, patterns and techniques required to continuously improve our architectures.
- Working closely and communicating adequately with Product Managers, Backend Developers and Quality Assurance Engineers to achieve team goals.
- Prototyping new features and wire-frames cross-functionally with the Product Team.
- Designing and building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Maintaining code and writing automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Identifying usability and performance issues, and proactively solving them.
- Assisting and educating Junior Frontend Engineers.
- Working closely with Cloud, DevOps and Infrastructure teams.
- Participating in API technical design.
- Contributing actively to product feature planning and roadmaps.
- Contributing to OKRs and Tech org performance.
- Solid understanding and working experience in React state management libraries, React Hooks and the Context API.
- Having a super knack of clean user interface and usability.
- Experience designing and implementing reusable UI components for use across screens and/or apps.
- Ability to give clarity and communicate well with the team.
- Proven track record of building and shipping apps successfully on the Google Play and/or Apple App Store.
- Familiar with good UI/UX design practices to build a smooth app experience.
- Familiarity and willingness to work on the platform's features and third party integrations, such as location services, push notifications, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Experience coordinating with back-end developers and the rest of the team to deliver well architected and high-quality solutions.
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Gradle, Android Studio, IntelliJ
- Deep understanding and experience with Git and different Git workflows for team interactions.
- Self-driven individual, can build and maintain high scale projects end to end.
- Backend experience is a plus, but not required.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer, with experience working as a senior software engineer
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering)
- Strong computer science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms
Good to Have
- E-commerce experience
- Experience working with Material UI
- Experience working with System having multiple user roles and complex ACL.
Who will excel?
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high energy environment. They will be a creative and analytical problem solver with a passion for delivering results.
At noon we have courage to pursue what seems impossible, we work hard to get things done, we go great lengths to ensure that the experience of everyone from our customers, to our sellers or noon bandidos is stellar but above all we are grateful for the opportunities we have.
If you feel the above values resonate with you – you will enjoy this incredible journey with us!