What is the role?
At noon, we aspire to be the most customer-centric and relevant digital company in the region. To reach this goal, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people who love the hustle. If you'd like to help us build the place where everyone can find and buy anything online in the region, this is your chance to make history.
Responsible for the overall performance, backup, and recovery
• Review and deploy scripts written by software engineering teams
• Diagnose and resolve production problems within defined SLAs
• Proactive maintenance and monitoring of all the DB instances
• Work closely with other IT team members to successfully maintain and monitor all the DB instances
• Plan and implement database upgrades as needed
• Assist in creating documented processes and procedures to solve complex problems • Work closely with R&D to identify any possible performance bottlenecks • Recommend and provide guidance regarding database development, T-SQL best practices, and development standards to the software engineering team members as needed. This includes but is not limited to helping with T-SQL code and performance tuning • Recommend, implement, and maintain best practices and corporate standards • Provide 24x7 production support on a rotating basis as needed
Minimum Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Computer Science
• 5+ years of experience in database engineering/ administration in enterprise environments
• Extensive experience managing large Azure SQL Server environments
• Experience with analyzing Azure SQL Server performance issues
• In depth knowledge of database administration and data management lifecycle to analyze complex issues and implement appropriate solutions and optimize processes
• Experience with advanced database maintenance tasks
• Knowledge of Azure SQL Server advanced features and Performance enhancements (In-Memory OLTP, Lock Priorities, Buffer Pool Extensions, etc.)
• Experience writing complex PowerShell scripts
• Experience with advanced query design, stored procedures, views, and functions
• Experience with optimal index design and T-SQL performance tuning techniques
• Familiarity with Agile principles and Scrum methodologies
• Experience working in DevOps/ Site Reliability Engineering environments
Why should you join noon payments?
Working at noon payments is more than a job. Being part of this family it’s a calling to leave a mark in the region through meaningful work; we offer a dynamic environment where you can learn and you can focus on improving merchants and customers lives by delivering innovative solutions across the payment continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
Who will excel?
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high energy environment. They will be a creative and analytical problem solver with a passion for delivering results.
At noon we have courage to pursue what seems impossible, we work hard to get things done, we go great lengths to ensure that the experience of everyone from our customers, to our sellers or noon bandidos is stellar but above all we are grateful for the opportunities we have.
If you feel the above values resonate with you – you will enjoy this incredible journey with us!
Your application was submitted successfully.